View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #61
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My guess is that they’ll let you finish it once you’ve started it, but as a result, will have a limit on the number of audiobooks you can have open at one time, so you won’t be able to download an unlimited number of books that are about to go off. But this is typical Audible; they didn’t think through the ramifications before rolling it out. Green in my memory is that promotion where they kept making the qualifications more stringent as time passed.
It's fairly typical for subscription services to actually pull content when it rolls off, and if you haven't finished, too bad. I see this with various movie subscriptions all the time. Audible is not unique in that respect. That's why I prefer to buy media that I want to watch/listen to, rather than depend on subscription services to always have it available. This is one way that subscription services counter the join, binge, quit cycle that some people like to use.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote