View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
Are you saying that some people advertise other books in their books? For example, if you write a book about Aardvarks and sell it through Amazon, then you would include a link in your book plugging a book about Zebras - complete with an Amazon affiliate code? I would think Amazon would ban people for that practice.
Why would they ban you? You are linking straight back to Amazon.
I know 3 six or seven figure authors that put links to all their books on Amazon in their Amazon ebooks.

The affiliate links that you keep referring to have absolutely nothing to do with you.
The ones that got in a fix were people that make money primarily off advertising other's books. The problem came in with they were known for FREE ebooks and Amazon made it where they could only show x number of free books to y number of paid books.
You are not advertising other people's books. I am not sure what the number is now. I haven't talked to Ed in a while.

My friend Wayne makes almost as much off his affiliate links as he does his books. He puts links to all his books in all his books.

Now you can put Amazon links in books you are selling on Amazon.
You cannot put links to the competition in that particular version.
It is called marketing.

Wayne writes books, Ed promotes other people's books.
Big difference.

Now is that clear?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote