View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Just downloaded the app and loaded some books from Dropbox. Here are my initial impressions after only two minutes with it:

- slow
- I CANNOT get used to the scrolling. I like seeing "pages" and the scrolling is disruptive to me.
- Can't change font size quickly. You have to go into the options menu to change the font
- The background for night time switching does not take affect when you tap the button to switch from day/night. You have to go back to the book list and reselect the book.
- Rendering seems decent. It has the best rendering that I've seen on the iPhone. Books that ordinarily give me problems in Stanza (ePUB) look beautiful.

I REALLY like the direct integration with Calibre in Stanza and Stanza has a much better UI. But I'm afraid that Stanza will not be updated much in the future and they will probably not release an iPad version, which is important to me since I am planning on buying one.

So this may be a viable option if they could address some of my initial concerns. I'll use it for a while and see how it goes.

Quote:
Does Bookshelf support embedded fonts for ePub?
Can you point me to an example so I can test it for you?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote