View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
danrodney
All Around Nice Guy
danrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
but if the user wants the content rendered in Trebuchet with text in white and background in black, I feel the content should be rendered in Trebuchet with text in white and background in black.
Well in iBooks, Apple has figured out a way to allow designers to make good looking eBooks that look that way by default. Then, "if" the user wants to change the font or theme they can and "it just works." I don't understand why the Nook can't do the same. Sounds in it might just be a programming issue they haven't figured out.

But a bigger issue is that B&N is saying their themes, default font choice, etc are better "by default" than any eBook design. Sorry, but that's a wrong assumption and leads to all eBooks boringly looking the same. That is not a good thing. This only serves to set back the design of eBooks which is already hard enough as it is.

Words can't explain how wrong I think this approach is
danrodney is offline   Reply With Quote