View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #81
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
My first scanner was a handheld scanner, this was in the late 1980's. It was impossible to scan a book with it as you had to maintain a consistent speed or the letters stretched!!?!?!?

Then I had a flat bed, dedicated scanner which I could scan and "drag and drop" to my word processor. That worked great. Yes I have to hold the book flat, but recently I realized if I am going to scan and only use the ebooks, I don't mind bending the spine on my pb's. But this scanner did not upgrade to my Vista.

Now I have an "all-in-one" printer/scanner. It will scan multi-page pdf's (which my last flat bed would not do.) Though I can't "drag and drop" once I have a multi page pdf, i.e., a chapter, I "read" it into my WordPerfect word processor, at essentially 100% accuracy. Once I have all the book "read" in, I then just fix indentations, Headings, dashes to em-dashes, etc. And I am set.

Yes, a lot of work, but the books I'm doing this to are not available as ebooks, and I WANT THEM BAD, so I do the work.....

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote