View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvest View Post
I was trying to avoid the elaborate process described by Pariah (is a he) because it implies to export each page of the book as jpeg! I went back to check the chapter and it mentions what you said: it's just for children books and graphic novels and it has the DRP appended to the file name. So it wouldn't work for the books I'm working on because they don't fit in those categories. Hopefully I'll get an answer from Pariah. If that's the case I'll post a follow up here.
It's NookKids. That's what that does. Put images in, and a book comes out. More or less. If you've ever used iAuthor, SSDD.

I didn't think it existed. I mean...sure, we could miss something, but I haven't heard a whisper, anywhere, about it. This is the first time I saw anyone even claim that FXL was possible--and what he's doing isn't really FXL.

I mean..FXL uses all sorts of stuff to make things stay where they are--not simply slapping jpegs in, one after the other. That's hardly a step forward.

We've made scads of the NookKids books. They're nice, and all that (we have made a lot with audio), but...very, very limited, IMHO. Not bad for kids, and all that, but not ready for the big show.

Good luck. Let me know what he says.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote