Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #128
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekse-Mie View Post
As side-loaded font Century Gothic can be added, not showing as it should.

In my experience it is not random. It occurs with side-loaded epubs, when a new chapter starts after waking up from sleep-mode.
Were the font files for Century Gothic named properly? If you copy the files from a Windows computer for example, you end up with GOTHIC.TTF, GOTHICB.TTF, GOTHICBI.TTF AND GOTHICI.TTF (regular, bold, bold-italic and italic). For use on the Kobo, you would need to rename the font files as follows:

Century Gothic-Regular.ttf
Century Gothic-Bold.ttf
Century Gothic-BoldItalic.ttf
Century Gothic-Italic.ttf

After I did this and copied the font files to the fonts directory on my Glo and power cycled it, the font styling showed up happily. As usual, YMMV.

As for the flyspeck font size, when I saw it was at the start of a new chapter but it did not require sleep or power off to trigger. It was all too common with 2.3.1 but I only saw it once with 2.3.2 and I haven't seen it since upgrading to 2.4.0 which is about 45 books ago.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	centgoth.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	102194  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-01-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: What else? My eyes can read so why can't my fingers type?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote