View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Contrast-FLASH?
Sorry, that too would be something I don't think I'd care for either. I don't mind the formatting glitches or grammar mistakes when I'm reading, but I do want a clear screen with nothing flashing at me.
I believe it is the screen refresh that is being referred to. The whole screen "flashes" completely black for a fraction of a second to get rid of the ghosting before clearing and displaying the black text on white background. This happens on all e-ink readers, it's just a question of how often. Most people find that after reading for a while initially they stop noticing it unless they are looking for it (kinda like when your eyes blink).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote