View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #146
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some people are confusing even the very definition of piracy. They amalgamate people that sell stolen goods with people that share for free and no profit.
Pirates used to be these gangs that scoured the seven seas searching for treasures to pillage, all for PROFIT.
Sharing is NOT wrong though it may be considered illegal.
I reject altogether that notion of wrong, it's a judgement on the part of others to sharers and they have no right to do that.
Sometimes I have to wonder if some people are not simply jealous that they pay for digital content while smarter people don't.
Whenever I buy something, a video game, a movie or a book, I do it because I want to and if I hear others manage somehow to get it from a third party that shared it, well good for them, I did not buy a content to be a good little brainless sheep that does what the government wants him to do, I bought it cause it was my choice period, regardless of how others acquired it. And in this neo-liberal economy with all the limitations to individual freedoms such as DRM, geo-restrictions or unequal quality depending on location (e.g. A special edition of a book with extras in a territory but not in another) I CERTAINLY could never blame "smarter" people. So yeah it sounds like jealousy to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You are still confusing what is moral and what is legal.

Why is piracys illegal?

Why is it wrong?

Are people angry because it is wrong?

Or are they angry because it is illegal?

If downloading books were legal (like it is in Holland) the I assume you think that there are no reason for creators to get angry because people "take something without paying for it" or?

Last edited by Quexos; 10-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote