View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
That is seriously expensive coffee. FWIW I think a short story ought to be priced in proportion, so if a three hundred page book cost say five whatevers, a fifteen page short story by the same author would be worth five per cent of that, plus a little bit for the admin involved in selling it. So .25 whatevers sounds about right to me.
Of course, if i have never heard of the author and there aren't any reviews going, I might decide to wait and see if a short story comes up free, or a full sized book not free, but with a worthwhile sample size available. After all, it isn't as if I'm short of something to read.
I take your point about the work, but buying a book by an unknown author is a bit like saying to say, a decorater "choose what colour you paint the walls, and how well you do the job, and I will pay you up front whether I like the result or not."
So, sorry, but the first book I buy from an indie has to be cheap or I just won't be buying it.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote