View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn2002bt View Post
I have spent enough time searching online and begging for help with this device in this forum. That is it! I am done with it.

I have dumped jetbook/libre and bought a Kindle 3 at $139 with wifi and 6" screen. I couldn't be happier with it ever since. It supports Chinese natively and works even better with Dokan system which is completely free and supports Kindle wonderfully and seamlessly (Google Kindle Dokan). It took me more than a week to get my Kindle even I ordered two days shipping because the product was so hot that it was sold out again and again. Amazon can hardly come up with the demand. Comparing with Kindle on features, looking, design, chinese support, easy of use, Libre can only eat dusts.

It was such a waste of time, money and effort on libre and Jetbook. I so regret it. I wish I tried Kindle earlier.

If you come to this page for Jetbook or Libre through google search. Gave yourself a break, get a Kindle 3! You will see how wonderful it is.
Anyone reading the series of postings that has led this poster to the
conclusion he is presenting should consider the following:

The version of the Libre he purchased is not sold with firmware that supports
Chinese. He knew that when he made the purchase, but he thought, and
made the purchase on the erroneous assumption that HE could do what
others had done and get a modified version of firmware created for a different
device to work on his Libre. HE does not have the required understanding of
the technologies involved to accomplish the modification.

Ectaco does sell the reading device that he was trying to convert his Libre
into, by attempting to install that device's firmware on his Libre.

His dissatisfaction should be directed at his own lack of common sense not
at a number of related devices that many of us find an exceptional value and
that more than meet our expectations. He might also take this opportunity
to learn: Not to "bite off more than he can chew". Not many devices offer
the versatility that these devices provide, while remaining true to their simple
dedicated function.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves".

Luck;
Ken

P.S. Here is the link to the Ectaco Chinese device:
http://www.ectaco.com/M218B/
Also, note the trade in offer the poster could have used to get the proper device.
( You might compare the features of the device to the Kindle while you are at it.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-05-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote