View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #63
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I had an enlightened English teacher for my 9th grade English class - who gave us "A Clockwork Orange" to read. I've never forgotten either the book or the teacher. Opened my sheltered midwest eyes wide open.
A high school English teacher introduced me the the Lord of the Rings. She apparently felt that if I was going to read books in her class that weren't part of the assigned reading, they might as well be good ones.

She also lent me a copy of Fraser's abridged Golden Bough.

I have no idea where she is now or what she's doing, but I hope life has been fine for her. She's certainly a fond memory of mine.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote