View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 03:02 AM   #98
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crick View Post
A little problem, I installe kindle preview 3.27 and the new version of the addon but when I tried to convert my epub I got this:[...]
The problem was caused by an empty <dc:creator> metadata entry, which I didn't anticipate. I've updated the plugin and attached a new version to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
So maybe you can make that an explicit option "Generate joint mobi" so it's clear that can be done.
Since I clearly mentioned in the plugin description that it'll generate a master mobi file, if no output options are checked, I fail to see the need to add an extra option for this feature. I also won't add "-joint" to the file name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Unrelated: When running, the output window is empty (except for "Running KindleGen ... please wait") until the end, when all the output appears.
For technical reasons it's not possible to display the messages generated by KindleGen until it's done. I.e., you'll have to live with this limitation. If you want to see KindleGen status messages, you'll need to open a Command Prompt window and manually execute KindleGen. (You can find the KindlGen binary location by opening KindleGen.json with an editor.)

If you have installed Kindle Previewer in the default location, you could use the following command:

Quote:
"%LocalAppData%\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\bin\kindlegen.exe" -c2 "c:\my book.epub"
Obviously, you'll need to change the epub path. (You'll need to enclose the path in quotes, if it contains spaces.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote