View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
What if someone wants to control the lighting so it is only switched on when it is needed?

I wanted the backlight so I could read during the night.

What's the big problem with having the option to switch it off when you don't need it and want less eye-strain?

I don't leave my lamp on for 24 a day though its selling point is to bring light.
Your lamp can be turned on by fumbling around in the dark to find the switch... how do you propose doing that on the Paperwhite? That's the big problem with having an option to turn it off completely.

As others have said, it's ABSOLUTELY INVISIBLE with even the slightest amount of ambient light.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote