Thread: Hisense A6
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 06:03 PM   #15
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldon View Post
Question Mark - If you have any questions about the hisense a2 pro maybe I can help. I have one two and love it.
Thanks. Much appreciated. According to the tracking, my A2 Pro finally seems to be moving again. It seemed to have been stalled in China for about a week. I imagine there was quite a backload of parcels waiting to be shipped out as much of the country tends to shut down over the Chinese New Year.

Quote:
I will probably be getting the A6 when the price comes down to 200USD in a year or two and when Google Play is added. The A2 Pro was about double the current 200~ price a year or so ago on aliexpress.
Yup. That's my plan as well. Unless, of course, somebody else comes out with a dedicated e-ink phone.

Quote:
underscore - I do not think that Hisense is trying to discourage normal people. Google and their services are not allowed in China so Hisense cannot just add Google Play to the phone. Hisense is a Chinese company that markets this phone to the Chinese market.
I suspect that they were probably rushing a bit to bring the A6 to the market before potential customers opted for a Yotaphone 3 instead. As you say, Google Play might not be a huge concern for its domestic market. However, from what I have read, they will eventually be adding Google Play to the A6.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote