View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #507
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This usually means a book has been removed from the database on the device without removing the entry used for tiles. I don't know if you are using calibre, but when the tiles interface came out, calibre wasn't doing this when you deleted a book. I fixed this a few versions ago.

I don't know of another way that this happens. You can get an error similar to what you are seeing when you open a book if it is corrupted. But, in that case, you usually see a cover image on the tile.

At this point, I would dismiss those tiles and wait to see if any come back. If they do, we can look at the database to see if there is anything strange in it.
I have had this happen several times on the Aura. usually after I sent a fair number of books. Unfortunately it doesn't say what the books are.

I leave the tiles in place and they come and go. Sometimes it just says new instead of downloading.

I keep meaning to track this down by deleting/re-adding books in chunks or simply re-adding, but haven't got around to it.

It being a database problem makes some sense as I have had no trouble opening any books unless I try to open them via the downloading icon.

From my experience the tiles will come back, but who knows for sure if they are referring to the same books. They all look identical. I have had as many as 6 on the home screen, but have had no errors when opening books.

Using regular driver, not kepub driver.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote