View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Calibre has an open-with. You just save the eBook and go back to the main Calibre UI and use the open-with.
Yeah, so does Windows.

The calibre Open With opens "format" files (EPUB, TXT, DOCX etc) within a Calibre library, I use it to open library ePubs with Sigil. Sigil's Open With opens component files within an epub, I use to edit xhtml, jpeg, mp3 etc files.

Once the external editor closes the component Sigil updates its internal copy of the component with what was saved - e.g. the titivated image, the clipped audio. One could probably edit an embedded font with something like Fontographer if you were into that sort of thing.

Calibre doesn't even change its Last Modified date if I open a format file in an editor (e.g. EPUB in Sigil, DOCX in Word, TXT in Notepad), change it, and save it. Not saying it should - just saying it doesn't. Whereas Sigil is very aware of external changes to component files - and acts accordingly - as it should.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-12-2019 at 06:16 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote