View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbsmith View Post
I would swear here if I didn't assume it was against policy. I registered--irritating--just to post an answer to this thread so other people would not be left hanging like I was. Once the site showed I was logged in, I typed a very long reply and submitted it. Then the page said I wasn't logged in and, amazingly, the back button took me back to a blank form--my entire post was gone. Sigh.
What browser do you use?

MR uses cookies stored on your machine to determine your logged in state. If something diddles the cookies, it may forget you're logged in.

I've seen occasional issues with the Back button doing as you describe. I use Firefox 3.6 as my production browser. It tries to preserve the state of what I'm doing, so I can usually restart the browser and get back to where I was, including replies in progress, but occasional I lose the reply in progress too. I haven't identified the circumstances in which it fails. As a precaution, if I'm making a long post, I may copy the text to a file in a text editor, so I can restore it with a copy and paste into the browser if I have a problem and have to restart the browser of the machine.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote