View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I see two possibilities here:

one, Amazon has an absolutely amazing ability to keep a secret;

two, it's not nearly ready for release so they haven't said anything.

I am hoping for the first, but I think the second is more likely. Now, there are four datapoints that suggest that it does exist. They include:

the leaked FCC disassembly,
the leaked manual,
the Les Echoes statement that it would be available on the Kindle on 15 October,
the references to "kindle edition" showing up on Amazon.com.

The first two datapoints are strong evidence that the Kindle existed at that time in that form. That doesn't mean it exist now or looks like that now.

The second two datapoints suggest that something named the Kindle will be released soon.

Note that I don't include the NYTimes article. After all I've learned about journalism in the past month, I don't trust the reliability of that article.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote