View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
This discussion is a point I have made before. If you are laying an epub out for a tablet, it makes no sense to limit yourself to the shortcomings of small screens. Contrarily, laying it out for a tablet where it might be used on a small screen only makes for an unpleasant reading experience on a small screen.

You can have pull quotes, floating pictures, etc easily on a tablet. They are just an annoyance that eats up pages and makes you push the page advance button on a small machine. I can't see any way around it either.

If you downsize a baseball bat, it isn't the same thing any more is it?

I want both tablets and e-ink readers to co-exist. But I don't think it may be helpful to try to keep them to the same standard.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote