View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #282
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I'm thinking of adding some more features to the "Quick Preferences" plugin. Such as the ability to switch the "Save template" for those of you who have different requirements for multiple devices/outputs. If anyone has any further ideas/suggestions for other preferences they end up changing frequently as they "do stuff" let me know.
The first thing I have to say is: Thank you again. Your Quick preferences plugin is great, great timesaver. The ability to have several Regular expressions available at a click of the button alone is fantastic.

I still can't make keyboard shortcuts make work. I must be doing something wrong.
How do I define a shortcut? Just type Ctrl+s for "Switch author name" into a text box in preferences dialog, or do I have to do something else? I was trying to define keyboard shortcuts on my Linux and also on my Windows (at work) and ... nothing. The default Calibre shortcuts, for example Alt+A for "Show books by the same author" DO work, so it isn't like keyboard shortcuts are completely broken on my computers.

I have one more suggestion for a Quick preferences plugin.
It would be an absolutely killer feature if the icon on toolbar reflected the state of the settings. I will provide icons (128 at the moment, to cover all permutations), if you wish (I do not know how, yet, but I do not expect problems here)
Icon might look like grayed out Preferences icon with a text overlay.
Or you could use the text, like 1sRA in the icon title. Or change the color of SRA letters to reflect the state.

2SrA would mean: the second Regular expression for import, Swap author name ON, Read metadata from file OFF, Add formats to existing books ON. This way you could see settings at the first glance.

Or, the choices could be directly on the toolbar.
The idea is to see the state of preferences at a glance.