View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #279
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasimser View Post
Kiwidude,

After playing with the Open with plugin a bit more, I had one other minor comment: Paint.NET supports native 64-bit, so the path for Paint.NET should be the same for both 32-bit and 64-bit. The Paint.NET installer automatically determines that you are running 64-bit and installs the 64-bit version under Program Files rather than installing the 32-bit version under Program Files(x86).

Dave.
Thanks for the feedback. I will remove the x64 entry for Paint.NET then. I developed these changes while away on my laptop which is only 32-bit so there was some guessing going on.

GRiker has been kind enough to send me some changes for Mac OSX support (they would also need a small change to Calibre). In addition I have decided that each platform should have it's own list of default applications - no point in displaying all those Windows apps to a Mac user etc. So I will do a v1.3 of the Open With plugin to come out in a few days.

If there are any linux users out there who can offer me a little help with a couple of questions (does the plugin work currently, and some paths to some applications like Sigil and some graphics program defaults) please either PM me or leave a note here.