View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #356
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOZAWUN View Post
The result was that the shading was only very faintly visible to the naked eye on both Mobipocket and Calibre Readers, barely visible on a screenshot and, more importantly, not noticeable on my Cybook.
So that's a practicable solution.
Great that you got it to work for you! Enjoy your new found volumes of reading materials!

Quote:
As a separate issue, I had to use "landscape-half" to make the fonts readable on the Cybook; am I correct in assuming that this will vary from book to book?
That's the way I convert MOST .pdf ebooks so that they are legible on smaller screens, that is, until I got a hardware reader that could actually display/zoom .pdf ebooks natively! I still read .pdf ebooks thereon landscape!

Quote:
And is there any way of over-riding the preset categories in "Layout Mode" to provide more precise gradations from book to book?
Any option YOU select on the GUI will override the preset values and those selected values should be remembered.

Quote:
One final query: I specified the "Size" as "H480V620"; is this the correct way to do it for the Cybook?
Yes, that's the way I refer to the screen dimensions: Horizontal x Vertical i.e. width x height (488 x 620).

Quote:
And one final comment; I can't help feeling that all the problems may stem from the GUI's miss-spelling of the words "colour" (TWICE!) and "grey".
I'm Canadian so I too spell it "colour" and "grey" though I don't mind using "gray" interchangeably. "Color" is prevalent in my world as I am so close to the US that it's the way I see it spelt for the most part.

I'm not to fussy about using one way or another, especially given this is an International forum and the US out numbers Canada 10 to 1!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote