View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #1618
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brambil View Post
Hi to all.
I'm using COPS from some months, firstly on a local server, recently I migrated it to my router (from my experience I wrote this).

From Christmas I also have a Kindle Paperwhite, but my library (~2000 ebook) has a lot of ePUB so I need to convert them using Calibre, witch is a bit annoying because it means I have to use a PC. I'm thinking about integrate a conversion tool in COPS.

Before reinvent the hot water, anyone already made something similar? I saw on internet there many PHP script and classes that accept AZW3,AZW or MOBI as output format so I think is possible with little coding add this feature.
Maybe seblucas or someone else is already working on something like this?

I don't want use Amazon service, I have to test a little bit about performance, but preferably I would use my local resources and avoid cloud/external.
Have a nice day.
I highly doubt the router's CPU (unless you've got some x86-based homebrew router) will handle epub to azw3/azw/mobi conversions quickly. Easier to just do a batch conversion job for all 2000 books on Calibre and then copy the Kindle-compatible formats and new metadata.db to the router's storage.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote