View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
I've opened the Details pane, changed Calibre's view to my Kindle (by clicking on the Kindle icon in the top bar), left-dragged (odd that right-dragging doesn't seem to do anything) the book to the Details pane. Nothing happens. Assuming I did that right, I'm guessing the problem is that it's the same version of the same book and not an updated version (the new plug-in I'm using wants me to re-import).

EDIT 1: So far, the closest thing I've found to doing this is to right-click the books I want, select Add Books to Library (even though Calibre tells me there's already a copy there), re-download the metadata, and confirm any manual additions I've made since the two book entries are next to each other in the list. Not a happy process.

EDIT 2: Then I have to delete the original entry in the Library and re-match the Kindle copy to the new Library entry. I think I'm better off just deleting everything and re-entering it all from scratch (about 70 books worth).
I assumed the System File system browser as the source for the Drag

And since the destination is the Main Library... That is the view you should be looking at, not the device.

Uh! How did the updated books get to the device? I was thimking you had done a cleaner edit on your PC.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote