View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Note that, when you resize all images to a fixed maximum size, you are losing the relative proportion between images. It might be better to resize to a given percentage of the original size.
Yes - but only in part, if you disallow (as I did) the enlargement of small images. Doing it the other way, one may end with reduced small images, when all my notion was:
  • to fit large images to screen (no scrolling to view them),
  • to reduce loading time.
And, of course, De gustibus et coloribus, nihil disputandum esse...
Anyway, I am always grateful for books without hard-coded image-dimensions - one can always tweak them for smaller images or substitute them with other (large-better) editions without having to delve into the css/html code.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote