View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It is completely useless, if it requires me to have a constant internet connection.

Even ignoring the parts of the world where internet is spotty and wireless may not be available at all (and no that isn't just third-world countries, it includes people who e.g. live out in the country)... WiFI is a huge battery hog, and anyway I do much of my reading when going from one place to another -- no WiFi hotspots in the car (passenger, not driver )/plane/train/sidewalk.
Hence my suggestion that ePub3 (or the equivalent Kindle multimedia format whose name escapes me for the moment) is perhaps a better solution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote