View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #4
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Angela Marsons (Crime Fiction)

Angela Marsons is a writer of Crime Fiction. Her Detective Kim Stone series is now up to Book 5 with Book 6 to be released later this month. My next read will probably be Book 5, Blood Lines. The main character, Detective Kim Stone, is a complex and enigmatic character who carries the scars of a terrible childhood. Her character is well drawn and continues to develop as the series progresses and we understand her better as more of her past is revealed. I visited the Author's website for the first time today and learnt a couple of most interesting details. Apparently, she accumulated 25 years of rejections from traditional publishers before signing with a small online publisher, Bookouture. In February 2015 the first book, Silent Scream, was released. Within 2 days it had hit number 1 on Amazon where it stayed for a month. In mid-March of that year she took a risk and quit her job when demands for overtime would have prevented her from writing. As of about September 2016 sales of the Kim Stone series had reached more than 1.7 million dollars, and, to quote the author:

“It is mind blowing that a voice that existed only in my head for so many years now speaks 19 languages.”

Last edited by darryl; 04-25-2017 at 07:45 PM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote