View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 05:32 PM   #1395
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuand View Post
please help me, i used to use kcc 2 years ago. earlier it was easy but recently i moved on to a new laptop and needed to reinstall kcc.

cannot understand nothing on github. there are multiple files and multiple .exe. cannot find nowhere proper steps. i download raw manga files from hakuneko and i know that i need to put kindlegen in the kcc directory but i am not able to install kcc only. just opening the exe isnt installing anything.

and one new thing i am seeing here that it was saying something about putt 7z application in directory too.

please guide me not able to get out of this by myself. total mess
I'm going to assume that you are running Windows in a 64 bit version.

Download the kcc_5.6.2.exe file from Github

If you do not already have 7Zip installed, download it from the 7Zip home page. I would recommend the .exe installer.

Download the Kindle Previewer from Amazon. This is the only way to get the most current version of KindleGen.

Install 7Zip and add it's path to the Windows Path variable. The path should be C:\Program Files\7-Zip\ for the default install.

Download and install Kindle Previewer. This will install into your App Data directory. As mentioned in the KCC docs, the usual path would be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle Previewer 3\lib\fc\bin\ for a standard install. Replace <username> with your Windows username.

Create a directory ( I boringly called it KCC) on your desktop. Copy the downloaded KCC executable and the kindlegen.exe into that directory.

If you have set the path to 7Zip correctly, KCC should come up and happy when you click on KCC<whatever>.exe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kcc.png
Views:	131
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	201915  

Last edited by DNSB; 08-01-2023 at 08:15 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote