View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
For the longest time, I used to feel something akin to guilt if I would read an anthology in any other way than front to back. Skipping a story I wasn't taken with in the first few pages somehow seemed like cheating.

This passage from Ruth Rendell's Road Rage in which Chief Inspector Wexford contemplates a collection of essays was particularly heartening to me:

Quote:
He opened the French windows, drew a chair up to the garden table, went back into the house for beer from the fridge and the book of essays: No Passion Spent. Was it necessary to begin at the beginning or could he dip? He thought it would be fine to dip.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote