View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post
hi readers, i hope to get some feedback as i await my refurbished 1st generation Oasis from Amazon after finding that the new Oasis turns out to be uncomfortable for me to hold with one hand in bed (i lie on my back while holding it over my face/neck...not purely upside dow, but at a slight angle form vertical)

for those of you who kept the Kindle over time, what is your long term perspective on ownership?

in particular, i'd love for comments on the following: (sort of culling together many of the concerns i've read about)

- have you had an issues with the connecting the cover for recharging?
- how even is the lighting (it would be great to compare against other kindles you may have owned)?
- any color gradient issues you have "learned to live with"?
- what kind of battery life do you experience for the KO1 without the cover? (pls share roughly the backlight levels you use)

thanks in advance!
- No issues whatsoever with connecting the cover
- The lighting on my 2016 Oasis is pretty even, the only issue is "light cones", which in my opinion are not particularly disturbing. Otherwise, the old Oasis has more even lighting than my Voyage and the 2017 Oasis (both of those have gradients).
- I've never run down the battery in a reading session, but then I'm not really a fast reader. I'm satisfied with the battery on my old Oasis. Absolutely no problems. I read with the light on level 9.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote