View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

While initially I was excited to hear about the WBF, checking it out I was very dissapointed and after spending 15' at the site a while ago, I revisited it only yesterday to see if it was as awful as I remembered and it was so; after another 15' I left the site and do not intend to go back.
The reasons:

1. Very poor search capability; having tons of info is useless without good search capability and in the case of books, this means at a minimum searches on titles only, on authors only and on keywords. To wade through hundreds of answers or to spend lots of times designing clever searches is not worth my time except very rarely.
2. Pdf format - generally useless for ereading (though good for printing) and while it's easy to extract text, why bother when the books of interest to me at WBF can be found in better formats like rtf, html, even mslit somewhere else

Overall, I would rate WBF at a 3/10, and that just based on the idea. The execution though was really awful. And that is a pity, but it is not surprising and it reflects very well on the relatively sorry state of ebook publishing.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote