View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #86
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
I'm experiencing a bit too much battery use. Can you suggest some of the settings you've changed?
the first thing to do is to go in settings, apps and deactivate notifications you do not need.
The major sources that drains battery on Android phones are screen and internet background.

switching the light to lower settings is essential, and to read on the night in the bed or dark places, a pub etc, you MUST install a night mode light, that allow you to bring the luminosity really down, much more than the fabric settings( is even a pleasure reading from the screen).
Then consider when you are in sunny places to use the other side of the screen. the eink one.

For internet background you should deactivate the notifications, you can also find a widget that allow you to have the 3g phone function activated( receive and make calls, sms) but deactivates internet on touch, this is a life safer feature. The google services also are quite aggressive with the base settings, I would work out also there.
then in the settings you find on a page exactly what is consuming in terms of percentage. for instance you could find whatsapp consuming a lot, so you should also work on this aspect etc.

All in all, just find on the internet tips to optimize android battery life, you will find million of pages.
Last consideration, depends by the version of android you have, some are more optimized than others

my K advice is look the option in setting that indicates what consume more and work hard on the first 5 ones. Then deactivate notifications, or put them less frequent. If you have email in real time for instance is normal that you are going to consume the battery really fast..

I repeat combining your personal experience and trying the hundreds of tips you can easy find in internet you are going to optimize the phone. Last consideration consider to put some book you are busy in the default yota reader, it consumes almost nothing, is made on purpose.

If you are lazy and do not want to think too much on how optimize you can always use the areoplane mode really easy activating with the side hardware button and putting internet out, but working on notifications and tips is much better.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote