View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 01:22 AM   #78
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
why why why?
I think I have half the answer to that question: no major manufacturer makes a dual screen device because Amazon has a U.S. patent on this technology. (The credit for this discovery goes to user Xtech, who did the research). I think that's why Yota did not come to the U.S. after all, and why only Chinese companies have announced such phones.
What baffles me is why Amazon did not use the patent. Instead of the flopped Fire phone and the outrageously priced Kindle Oasis, they could have made a dual-screen phone and a larger dual-screen tablet. Those would be unique devices for Amazon to push their content on, and without fear of competition. They could make a killing.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote