View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Is there a Word macro/tool that can tell if there is a superscripted number as the first thing in the paragraph, and automatically change that into a Word Footnote? Or do you still have to manually mark them all?
I assume you're in the context of yet another badly broken book.

At the beginning of a para? Surely most often they're hard up against the end of a sentence, often the last in a paragraph; and occasionally in the middle of a sentence. Ah-ha you mean the number at the beginning of the note

How about 2 passes - first pass looks for the numbers in the text at end of sentences, and creates empty footnotes; second pass looks for ^p followed by superscripted digit(s) - writes para(s) 'somewhere' then searches for the empty footnote with matching number and dumps content of somewhere into it.

All it needs now is Sander to implement

Aside - within the context of reflowable formats surely there ought be no such thing as foot, chapter, and end notes - they're notes, pure and simple. I'd like mine in a sidebar that tracks the book i.e. clickfree notes. What I don't want is one at a time popups

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-19-2016 at 12:48 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote