View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:56 PM   #39
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Price discrimination is EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I wasn't saying that someone has to have prime and do acknowledge that people can shop at Amazon without it but it is a fact that members of prime get some perks that the rest of us don't get. And if they raise the price even more than that option will be even more closed off to those of us who can't afford it. And to me that smacks of discrimination. i.e. if you have the $$ you can get this in addition to what everyone else can get. If you don't have the $$ then you don't get these extras. There is a difference between being able to choose if you want something and being prevented from being able to get it because the price is higher than you are able to afford.
Some folks buy private jets and others cannot afford bicycles. There always has been price discrimination and always will be. The Upper Class lives in a different world than the Underclass. The residents of Buckingham Palace live quite differently than the London East Enders.

However, everyone wants value for additional costs if possible. Right now 80% of my Amazon deliveries come in ONE DAY although two days is promised. I'd want a guarantee of one day delivery to justify the higher costs.

Next year we may see Amazon Drone same day deliveries. I'm sure they will cost more than the truck deliveries. Each customer will evaluate the costs compared to his own needs and desires.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-31-2014 at 07:02 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote