View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #54
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
You also have to balance your idea of cost-effectiveness against usefulness in the real world... and not just for iPads... I use a tablet in lots of ways and locations that I wouldn't use a laptop (and recently got rid of a laptop because I was rarely using it)... I can use a tablet for work and relaxation anywhere (in the house or elsewhere) with no problem but using a laptop requires a more structured usage - a support/tray to stop it overheating and/or overheating my legs, a specific seating position to allow for the weight and form factor etc. Allowing for how something's used is also a critical part of cost effectiveness, not just the processor and OS...
You make good points for either a machine used mainly for consuming or for laying about.

I have had a 7" tablet for some time and am trying out a smaller mini-tab (an old Droid I) and except for navigation and looking at maps, terrain, etc., or checking emails, I much prefer a note/chrome/net/mini/laptop even when traveling.

The 7" on WiFi makes a nice larger GPS/map type device, and the Droid I (on wifi) is useful for reading email in restaurants.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote