View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #52
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerzrock View Post
You will have to let me know how yours goes, I got all the way through the Flash steps and telling it to reboot to Diags to copy the other files over but when it rebooted the screen is staying black. Not like it is off, just black even after manual reboot with the button.

I used all the 4.0.0 files like you suggested and the whole works. Not sure where to go from there being cannot see what is on the screen.
I used the 4.0.0 images from mediafire. It worked. Before resetting to factory defaults, I noticed that it was already registered to the same fake name as the demo mode used. I deregistered it before resettting to factory defaults. After registering successfully, it seems to be a NON-special offer K4 (so far at least)...

But instead of screensavers, it just displays a blank screen when sleeping. Perhaps what somebody else posted about it the 4.0.0 images already containing a screensaver hack are correct, so it may have update problems until that is removed. I will try to update now...

EDIT: U006 firmware update error. Perhaps it is a pre-installed screensaver hack as somebody reported in another post. That would also explain why the screensaver is blank...

We really need a factory fresh virgin 4.0.0 like I thought we had. Apparently, I must not have gotten around to uploading my images, after we already have two (identical) sources for them.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote