View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #528
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Not sure why it should be crashing - it was not doing so in my tests. An indication of where might be useful.
It seems to have been crashing because of earlier failures in processing book descriptions. Those happened because the makeInstall.sh file hadn't been updated to put all of the relevant jar files into the zip archive (exception because tidy.jar was missing). Bringing the makeInstall.sh file into synch with the makeInstall.cmd file fixes not only the early exceptions that I hadn't noticed yesterday but also the crash on generating the second time around.
Quote:
The second time around the generate is no faster - but the copy phases should speed up as the CRC cache can now be used to avoid copying unchanged files and this should show up in the copying statistics that are logged. However I have found that Nook mode is much slower during generate than other modes due to the overheads of generating the Trook database so the gains are not huge.
Skipping the copy is what I was expecting to see.
Quote:
We have been wondering about keeping the Nook mode as I have heard that Trook development has been discontinued. Also Trook is not available for newer Nook systems. However the code is written, so I guess there is no urgency in removing it.
Glad to hear it.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote