View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
By skipping most middle-men, Baen Books sell their ebooks for $6, and make more than from a paperback, but a bit less than from a hardback. (Well, the actual info I had was that the author royalty on an ebook is more than from a paperback and less than from a hardback, but I think it's safe to assume that the same applies to the publisher's cut.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I think given the sheer practicalities of storing and shipping an ebook and often skipping a middle man wholesaler/retailer they would HAVE to be more profitable than traditional paperbacks (perhaps not as much as hardcovers which have an often ludicrous markup).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote