View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've not read the book, but I have see the movie. Is it true that the book is hard to read?
No, it isn't hard to read at all. I was concerned that some of the less savoury aspects of the life of a black woman in the South might be rather hard to read, but I found it didn't prevent my enjoyment of the reading.

Like you, I saw the movie first. But it made me actively want to read the book, and I am glad I did. I'm pretty sure issybird is reading the book before she sees the movie, so it will be interesting to see her perspective on that.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote