View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #1256
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by iostrym View Post
thanks but I don't understand the last part : "Only if the device copies the annotations from the book to the database. I haven't looked to see what happened. "
The annotations are being retrieved from the database. If there are annotations elsewhere, such as in the PDF, they will not be retrieved. But, it is possible that sometime during the processing of the PDF, that any annotations inside it are copied to the database. If this happens, and I have no idea if it does, then these annotations would be copied by the plugin as well.
Quote:
did I correctly understand previous messages when you said that kobo store annotation of epub and pdf in internal database of kobo AND inside the file itself ?
All annotations created on the device are stored in the database. Annotations for epub and PDFs that are on the main memory are also stored in a file. This file is created by the Adobe RMSDK.
Quote:
if yes, I wonder if it is possible to do a copy paste of the epub or the pdf from the kobo to the pc and read the annotation using a windows pdf reader for instance.
Probably not. It depends on what the PDF reader is doing. The place it can work is in ADE on the PC. This uses the same format for the annotations as the file on the device. I have copied the file back to the ADE file directory and edited it to get some keys to match. Then ADE used this file for annotations while reading an epub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote