Thread: Marvin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #38
Ferante1
Ferante1 began at the beginning.

Device: Macbook Air OS, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, Marvin, Goodreader, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Again, you can't be serious if you believe that an e-reader in 2017 that fails to sync annotations between devices can in any way be called "satisfactory" or "complete".

To be honest, I'm stunned that any mobile software developers can make a living with producing these apps. In the desktop environment, any silly little utility is unabashed to charge dozens of dollars, yet superb e-reader software like Marvin, Hyphen, or MapleRead is only supposed to cost a couple of bucks?
Not syncing highlights is a horrible, blood-curdling problem for all of us who read not for entertainment alone. However! - Marvin can send a "journal" with all your highlights to yourself, or even export it to your other devices (Contents screen/Main menu/Export/Marvin-Marvin). And if you need to see the context around the highlight, you can search for the highlighted passages in the book. All this is a great relief to me and 100% solves my issue.

2) For those for whom this does not do the job, I have an idea.

Obviously, money/time is the issue here. What Kris is making from Marvin, apparently is not worth his time to develop the app. He's got to eat too! Then why don't we ask Kris what would it take for him to develop the Highlight feature? A precise number.

Then: set up a GoFundMe page, make an announcement to all Marvin fans, and - job will get done faster than you can count to 5!

Say, Kris costs his time for this at $2000. Even if you reach only 200 people who'd give life and limb to have the Highlights sync, they'd each need to contribute only $10 to get it done! (If the magic number is not reached, all will get their money back).

Kris happy, we - deliriously happy. Any takers?

Last edited by Ferante1; 01-30-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Ferante1 is offline   Reply With Quote