View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
do I need to wait for it to come to start downloading books? ie, is there something in the package I need to wait for? Or can I download the Sony eLibrary software or Calibre and start collecting the books I want from this site and others, so that they'll be ready to load onto the reader?
You can download the Sony software and Calibre without owning the reader. When you download the Sony software, it will need to be registered before you can begin purchasing books from Sony's bookstore. Once you get the Reader you can add it to your Sony account through the software and any books purchased can them be transferred to the device.

Quote:
If I try Calibre, does it interfere with the Sony interface? I note that some people report problems.
Just don't have both programs open at the same time. You can use both programs to manage books, but if both are open at the same time they don't play well together.

Quote:
My skill level is sort of medium -- a lot of the techie conversation on here is so far above my head that it's funny, but I've used computers for years. I really don't want to get into converting books from one format to another; I'm not that interested in the lastest bestsellers; a lot of what I want is available free, but there is some copyrighted stuff I'll want to buy, either from Sony or Fictionwise.
If you want to purchase books and not worry about removing DRM or conversions, look for multi-format books at Fictionwise which include DRM free LRF and ePub. You can also check BooksOnBoard and most of their titles included DRM ePub.

Also check your local library to see if they offer ebooks. It is a great resource for free ebooks.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote