View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #50
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
An open question.

There is something that may be (or not?) related to OpenType. Long time ago (several years) I had been advised to find a workaround instead of using the font-variant property with this value. For example:
Code:
p.small {
    font-variant: small-caps;
}
I had been told this property is unsupported by many readers and that induced me to embed a specific small-caps font, which in fact doubles a feature already built in Linux Libertine (the main embedded font).

If I understand well, this above CSS value should be used only if the -embedded or recommended- font is able to display small-caps characters. Then the display is made using a process which evokes the one used for ligatures (though this time we use a specific CSS value). Even then, as for OpenType features, some defective renderers may fail to implement this and display normal characters instead of small-caps.

Is this correct?

Last edited by roger64; 05-02-2018 at 09:53 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote