View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #7
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony:PRS-350, Kobo:Aura6"/H2O/GloHD/KA1/ClaraHD/Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
I guess I need to remove the series info on those 3 books in calibre and reupdate the series metadata on the device then restore the series info in calibre. Is there any easier way to clear the series metdata on the device?
If you have the tech skills you can probably manually clear the Series value from the relevant SQL table (content) inside the Kobo database using something like the SQLite utility. However, if this isn't something you've done before you need to be a bit careful.

Might I ask why you need to use the plugboard to manipulate the title to include the series? Wouldn't Kobo MyBooks be more readable if you put title on the Kobo title line and series on the series line? If it's so that you can sort an author's books by series can't you now do that quite easily via MyBooks>Authors>select Author>sort by Series.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote