View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
UPDATE: I received a PM from a peer giving advice that I should not waste my time replying to yifanlu's "probably slightly disrespectul and possibly overconfident" replies to my posts. In the future such provocations by yifanlu will (hopefully) go unanswered. Hopefully...Like I said, I thought we were past this petty crap. WHAT name calling? Please provide a link to each of my three posts that you claim contain "name calling" (i.e. ad hominem attacks) aimed at you. Unsubstantiated claims are worthless. What disrespect have I shown that even APPROACHES the disrespect of your replies to my posts?

I am trying my BEST to be helpful to you, and what do I get in return from you? It sure looks like disrespect, bordering on hostility, to me...

Arguments of TECHNICAL MERIT are welcome. Please avoid petty criticism of my posts regarding their LENGTH, WHERE they were posted, WHAT words I used and how I used them, and other things that are NOT relevant to the otherwise useful technical content contained in them. You can clarify the GOOD stuff without highlighting the bad. You can, right? Can you? I can only hope...

Why do you divert these threads into arguments about word definitions? Hostility... Criticism... Disrespect... Whatever... Regardless of how you choose to define it, your posts often criticise my posts without any technical merit or references.

If you choose to argue over word definitions, you should know that I carried a dictionary around with me just about everywhere since I first learned how to read until I was older than you and I referred to it often. As a child, most of my friends were ADULTS in technical professions (i.e. mentors). I was a prolific reader and I still own many thousands of paper books (mostly technical, but a lot of Sci-Fi as well). In recent years, I went through a gauntlet of intelligence testing (including military), and I was told that my language skills are "off the charts and cannot be measured accurately". It takes MUCH more time to create content than to read it. Do you really want to waste my time like this?

My recent loss of typing accuracy is probably due to a combination of old age degradation and not enough sleep. Thankfully I can go back and clean up the spelling and grammar errors in my posts later.

I was preparing to send you my latest jailbreak package for evaluation and peer review. I am having second thoughts now...

EDIT: Regarding your claims of "name calling", there has been only ONE name that keeps popping into my head, that I really wanted to call you many times after reading your replies to my posts, but I have refrained thus far. Just for clarification, here it is: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/prima_donna
Again, calm down. I don't know much and I am always still learning. I know you know more than me about many things. If it makes you feel better, you are smarter and more experienced than I. However, I don't take back anything I've said, but I guess I have to physically watch what I write when you are around now because I am tired of drama every time I say something. I poke around stuff like Kindles because it's fun. It's a hobby. No need to make everything serious. I hate responding to your accusations because it'll just provoke more. If a random visitor comes into this thread and sees us two kids bickering, they can judge for themselves. I'm here to develop for Kindles not star in a Lifetime show. This is the last I'll ever speak on this subject.

Last edited by yifanlu; 01-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote