View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
If you want a deal from Fictionwise, buy a couple of individual issues of one of the magazines and then wait a couple of months. I bet they'll send you a discount for a subscription. This has happened to me twice, first with Ellery Queen and then with Alfred Hitchcock. The Alfred Hitchcock deal was just a few weeks ago and they offered a 20% rebate on a 1 or 2 year subscription, that was good even if paying with Micropay.

This came out to $37.38 for 2 years -- $1.56/issue. This technically isn't exact, since there are 2 double issues in the year which makes only 10 issues with 2 being more expensive, but you get the idea.

I got the same deal for Ellery Queen back in January I think. I just bought a couple of issues of Asimov's magazine during last weeks 25% off to see if this will repeat again.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote