View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
So as I mentioned in the other thread, I spent $17.05 for a year's subscription to the hardcopy EQMM. That's $1.71 each. I'm not someone who insists that any eBook I buy be less expensive than the pBook edition, but I felt that the difference between $2.99 and $1.71 was too great to pass up.
That's a really good deal on the subscription to EQMM. I've been subscribed to Analog and Asimov's at Fictionwise since 2003.

Looking at the site you mentioned, and at Fictionwise, it seems that the RRP for a paper or an ebook subscription is $32.97. I agree that this doesn't seem right. But since I'm not in the US, a paper subscription would cost me a LOT more than $32.97...

Looking back at my records, I see I usually just got a two-year subscription with club discount, taking the annual cost down to $25.49. Recently I've bough some with additional discounts.

I think the thing to do is to be on the lookout for the discounts. I've bought the equivalent of ten annual subscriptions to Analog SF at fictionwise, at an average price of $22.13. Not too bad.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote