View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #87
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I do agree with you and gmw that I got a lot more out of the book because of our discussion than I would have done just reading it on my own.
And it's not just that I get more out of it, I put more into it, if I can make that distinction. I tend to bomb my way through books, but when it's the book for the club, I make a conscious effort to consider what I'm reading and I take notes for reference. I think about them more when I'm not reading them, also. So in addition to benefiting from others' insights and analyses, I put more effort into it up front.

As for serialization, I'll note that I don't watch television as a matter of course, although I've caught the odd series over the years. But I'm flummoxed when I see that "binge watching" is a thing, that people will watch a whole season of a show in the course of a weekend! I truly don't get it. I think you miss a lot of fun that way, by gobbling the episodes like popcorn.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote